Roast turkey and glazed ham might have the reputation of being the main attraction of a holiday feast, but we argue that really, it's all about the sides. Few things bring greater delight than sampling from dish after dish on the buffet, adding and mixing textures and flavors all on one plate.
While elegance and grandeur are appreciated, oftentimes, it's the simplest dishes that bring us the most joy. These turmeric and honey roasted carrots are a beautiful, yet simple way to bring something truly special to the table.
1 bunch of carrots
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of Whipped Turmeric Honey
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamon
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees
2. While the oven is preheating, prep the carrots. Wash and scrub the carrots, trim the greens and peel the skin (if desired).
3. To a small bowl, combine the cumin, cardamon and salt and mix with a fork or small whisk.
4. Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and add the carrots.
5. Next, mix the olive oil into the whipped honey, then drizzle the mixture on the carrots.
6. Lastly, sprinkle the spices evenly over the carrots and toss them slightly. Arrange the carrots so there is a bit of room in between each carrot.
7. Roast the carrots at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.